Monday, January 24, 2011

Harrowing days

Harrowing Days

The past 9 days has been most harrowing for bunny me. I seem to be in a new phase of experiencing pain and i am still crying out to God not to test me too long! It came soon after the poor results of the ct scan on 11.1.11. I was actually feeling quite good before that except for the cough symptom.

Henry was stressed yesterday making calls to our alternative source for LDN. I told him he shouldn't be because God is in control. If He closes the door, He will close it. Then, he said he was actually angry with God yesterday morning as to why God had allowed pain to come onto me and I guess it must be quite harrowing to see a bunny being tortured. 

But God brought him to remembrance this passage from Job and Henry apologized to God.

Job 1:11
"But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has and he will curse you to your face."

I was like nodding my head. Yes! I knew it was spiritual attack that happened last week to bring discouragement and hopelessness to me and for Henry to shake his fist at God!

Steven Lee called me today and he sensed this "the enemy is not happy". He told me not to look at the natural. He shared with me the same verse I was amazed at. John the baptist, who experienced God so much and so sure of his calling was in doubt that Jesus was the Messiah when he was imprisoned. It is encouraging to note that he is human after all. Likewise, when i was in pain, I felt so hopeless and discouraged and almost threw out all God has shown and promised me.

Luke 3:20
20 So Herod put John in prison, adding this sin to his many others.

Luke 7:18, 19

The disciples of John the Baptist told John about everything Jesus was doing. So John called for two of his disciples, and he sent them to the Lord to ask him, “Are you the Messiah we’ve been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?”

Steven Lee gave me the following scripture to quote when praying in agreement with Henry. He shared from experience as he and his wife also went through great many trials together. Indeed, praying together in agreement as a couple is so powerful. Our prayer lives as a couple shot up as we cry out to God together. I pray that this will be a consistent feature in our relationship as it bonds us closer too. :)

Matthew 18:19

“I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,

    I am a bit tight on time currently, so I shan't say much, but I would like you to read this article of mine - The Lord as the papa eagle - a vision of faithfulness, comfort and assurance. The link is: http://high-expressions.blogspot.com/2009/11/lord-as-papa-eagle-vision-of.html

    Let me pray for you:

    God Almighty,
    You are truly mighty.
    There are billions of people in the world,
    Yet, you can have faithfulness to an individual.
    An individual like me,
    And an individual like Liz Mah.
    Yes, Liz Mah, Lord.
    She too, is the apple of your eye.
    She too, is the eaglet that has faltered.
    Won't you, Lord, manifest your presence to her?
    I know you are there, with her,
    But I ask that you comfort her,
    Care for her, and give her your assurance,
    That you are journeying with her.
    In your love, may you have mercy,
    May you have compassion.
    May you pour out your exceeding grace,
    Toward Liz Mah.
    Touch and Heal, Lord, Our Healer.
    I declare that you are our Healer.
    You are Liz' Healer.
    I humbly ask for your healing for her.
    I humbly ask you, Jehovah Rapha, not to tarry.
    Heal her, now, Lord, heal her now.
    Lord, I claim the time of your favor in behalf,
    And I pray according to my understanding of your manifesto.
    Indeed, your heart goes out for those afflicted in their earthly journeys.
    Lord, help Liz in her frailty.
    Lord, I acknowledge your plan for Liz,
    Is most beautiful in the fullness of time,
    Yet Lord, in the meantime, let the abundance,
    Of life, of your Word, comes through for Liz.
    Be close, Lord,
    Be close, Lord, I pray.
    Amen.

    Love you in the Lord
    Anthony Chia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anthony, I cried when I read your vision, I really felt I was that little eaglet trying to soar n just not knowing quite how n suffering meanwhile. Yet, papa eagle is there helping me. Thank u so much n also for your prayers. Trusting God,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete