Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Rejoice in the Lord Always

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Psalm 100:4
"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name."


This morning I woke up with the word "rejoice" in my head and so I started with songs rejoicing in the Lord..

Rejoice in the Lord (by Evelyn Tarner)

Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice 2x
Rejoice, rejoice and again I say rejoice 2x


I will enter his gates ( by Gwen R Shaw)

I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart
I will enter His courts with praise
For this is the day that the Lord has made
Let us rejoice for He has made me glad

He has made me glad, he has made me glad 
I will rejoice for he has made me glad
He has made me glad, he has made me glad 
I will rejoice for he has made me glad

I was reading about the 9 fruits of the Holy Spirit and the 9 gifts of the holy spirit. I came to the one about tongues and how when we speak in tongues of men and angels (1 corinthians 13:1), we utter mysteries with our spirit to God which no one understands  (1 Corinthians 14:2). I  was encouraged and started to pray in tongues and suddenly I thought of my church and I told myself I will press on in tongues praying for my church until something happens.

After a while in tongues, i asked for thousands upon thousands of angels to come to our church to destroy all the evil spirits within my church. I felt compelled to raise my hands and then, I felt His love pour down, the Holy Spirit pour down on my church and on me and then I started to cry. Hmmmm, crying in tongues. I did not want to let go of Him so I pressed on. Then I heard "silence". So i said "what is it Lord?". And this is what I sensed Him say,

"Tell them I love them,
I will pave the way and they will see My Light and My glory.
Stay close to me and I will show the way"

And my heart was filled with so much love that is started to cry out "thank you" and "I love you Lord" to God over and over again. It just never seemed to end but when it did I sensed His awesome, love, peace and joy. Yes, joy! Let us rejoice in the Lord in anticipation of His help! Let us rejoice in Him always!

No comments:

Post a Comment