Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Acknowledging God

I found this on the Gersen website which I do agree:

"No treatment works for everyone, every time. Anyone who tells you otherwise is not giving you the facts. We know that when you have been diagnosed with a life-threatening ailment, choosing the best strategy for fighting your illness can be a bewildering task. Everyone claims to have either "the best treatment", "the fastest cure", or "the only therapy that works." In most cases your trusted family physician only has knowledge of conventional treatments, and is either unaware of, or even hostile toward alternative options. No matter how many opinions you receive on how to treat your disease, you are going to make the final decision on what to do, and you must be comfortable with your decision. Choose a treatment that makes the most sense to you."

God gave us brains to think and to sort out information. We need to come before God through fasting and prayer when we are sieving out information. I think this is where our partner play a vital role. It can be very disheartening for a cancer patient to hear for themselves all the facts that face them. After the second oncologist's opinion and many other opinions, I just want to soak in God's words, seek shelter under His wings because all reports from the world is negative. I mean that is reality but God says otherwise. He says He heals. While the world says you only have a few months more to live, the bible in Proverbs 3:5 says "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;"

If you have just been diagnosed with cancer, please seek a second opinion and do all the necessary homework, chemotherapy as well as seek advise from a nutritionist friend and other alternative treatment. Ask your partner to fast and pray for God's guidance during the search. Choose a treatment that makes sense to you and discuss it together and then, commit it to God together. That is an act that you acknowledge God, that you have consulted Him. He says in Psalm 91: 14-16:

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Do not move until you have consulted God, until you acknowledge God. Only when we acknowledge Him, then naturally, we will also fall on our knees to confess our sins before Him knowing He is always there ready to forgive us 1 John 1:9

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Then, all we have to do is just move on (pray unceasingly claiming His promises with thanksgiving) and let Him guide us.

No comments:

Post a Comment