Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Notes from my Nutritionist Friend

I thought I’d better share with you some of Siew Mei’s notes. I was quickly jotting them down as she helped explain to me what I can eat. Earlier on in my journey, I was troubled when many told me what food to stay away from. But I was constantly hungry and I wasn’t sure what I could eat. Even white bread is bad. What about Gardenia brown bread then? Pray tell me, “What CAN I eat?”.

Needless to say, I was so pleased that there is so much that I can eat after she briefed me. She also brought over so many types of organic food that I have never seen before because prior to my condition I have never walked into an organic shop. Forgive me for the messy notes!

Notes:

Adventis bread (don’t buy bread off the shelf). You can store loaves of bread in freezer until you need them. Siew Mei buys 10 at a go. Our fridge is not so big! :)
Go on juices
Take raw food – enzymes help in digestion

Breakfast ideas:

Take 3 tbsp flaxseed oil before juices
Oatmeal and fruits with orange juice in the morning

Seaweed Porridge Recipe
In one pot, cook ginger, pumpkin, onions, seaweed (soak for 15 minutes first) in water until soft (A).
In a crockpot the night before, cook porridge and millet. In the morning, pour the porridge over (A).

Lunch ideas:

Salad e.g. carrots, green & red pepper, green leaves, onions served with baked or boiled potatoes/ toasted bread
Salad Dressing: Tahini & garlic & liquid amino
Salad dressing: lemon juice/ lime juice, olive oil, chopped garlic/onion and honey. (Avoid vinegar. It kills friendly bacteria)

ABC soup Recipe: lots of onions, corn, carrot, tomato and potatoes

Baked pumpkin and salad
Baked sweet potatoes and salad

Porridge – potatoes, onions, ginger, pumpkin, shredded carrots

Eat brown rice, quinoa, millet, 5 grain rice, 10 grain rice. Eg. You can mix 1 cup brown rice and ¼ cup millet.

Dinner ideas:
Eat light – bread and fruits
Mangoesteens – high in antioxidants
Banana/soursop/mangoes (carbide)
Watermelon (in season only end of the year)

Google Gersen therapy (http://www.gerson.org/g_therapy/default.asp)

Serai water – 4 cm turmeric + 4 serai (bang the head) + 3 cups of water. Boil for 15 minutes.

Burdoch Soup Recipe
Burdoch – 250 g
Radish & leaves – 450 g
Carrots – 250g (buy only Australian or NZ)
Dried shitake Mushrooms – 3 to 5 pieces
Boil for 15 minutes on high heat and then simmer for 2 hours.


Black lentils Soup Recipe
Boil lentils (from organic shop) with carrots, pumpkin, onions, tomatoes, Italian herbs to make lentil soup. Then sprinkle some chopped parsley before serving.
Serve with Salad and brown rice. Drizzle on a bit of flaxseed oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment