Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Felt Warmth!

I did! I did! I felt warmth! I experienced the Holy Spirit this way. I know He is still in me in the midst of dryness but I felt His warmth! Yayyy! I had a breakthrough today and I want to share it with you. After the last blog, I just shut myself in the room and just wanted to be close to God. So I fell on my knees and started to pray and speak in tongues. But in my mind, I wanted to read His word (greedy to do both) so I grabbed the bible and started with Psalm 91. I cried out to God to protect me because He said if I acknowledged His name, He will protect me.

Psalm 91:14

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name."

Then, I was thinking of what I needed to strike the devil. I needed God's word in Ephesians 6:10-18 but amazingly as soon as I read the first line, I was starting to feel reassured.

Ephesians 6:10

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

The more I repeated the same line, the more the spirit within me became stronger and I started to feel His warmth though I wasn't really thinking about it at that moment.

I started to read other passages as well eg Ephesians 2:4-5

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.


I started to speak in tongues in between reading and repeating bible passages and after awhile, for the first time, my tongue started to loosen and had taken a life of its own. Even the language and tone was different. Wow! At one time I felt the urge to go to the toilet (sorry guys) and in the toilet the tongue started speaking faster but it was as if the tongue and I were separate. Wow! I had new motivation to speak in tongues because last night I went for a praise and seminar at Global Breakthrough and according to Elaine, last night was the longest session speaking in tongues that she witnessed during praise. Even Elaine and I settled down after a long while and just received the holy spirit silently!

I continued to speak in tongues and reading God's word and suddenly I started to sob loudly and I cried out to God. Wow! I just felt so overwhelmed. I couldn't continue after that because trying to speak in tongues while crying is not so easy. I realised my back and my chest was feeling warm. I smsed Henry immediately to let him know and I quickly documented in my journal. This is all too exciting for me! I have been speaking in tongues before, at best maybe close to 5 minutes each time but quite heavy. It was only after Ps Chris confirmed I was really speaking in tongues that I gained more confidence but still, it just wasn't like today.

Today's experience really gave me renewed motivation to keep trying and just soak in His awesome presence and just pray in tongues. Flashes of Aunty Beverly and Kim Kee's mum and Tony came to my mind. Later Hamir explained it does happen like that and it is through our moaning and groanings that we are praying for these people. Hamir is so excited for me too for He says God is preparing me for another level. Wow! I just want encourage you to desire to speak in tongues. Sometimes, we are so burdened we do not know how to pray. As we speak in tongues, we pray in the spirit that God understands. It is so beautiful. Keep trying friends.

1 Corinthians 14:2

For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.

Ps Leong of EFC Gospel said now that I have received God's healing, I should continue to thank Him and if I run out of words, I could thank God speaking in tongues. It did not occur to me that I could thank Him that way. Thanks Ps Leong.

No comments:

Post a Comment