Sunday, September 6, 2009

Minestrone Soup Recipe

My mum prepared this soup for me today and I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have to put liquid amino (Braggs) to add flavour. It's so sweet and tasty! The word "minestrone soup" came to my mind. So have a try and let me know if it works for you.

Minestrone Soup Recipe (serves 2)

1/2 cup soup mix (comprising of various beans from organic shop - high in protein)
2 small carrots (diced)
1 big onion (diced)
8 dates (for extra sweetness and to replace meat)
2 slices pumpkin (so it does not break up)
1 stalk celery (diced)
1 tomato
1 litre water

My mum said the trick is to stir fry the onions till transluscent in a bit of WATER (since I'm not taking oil) and add carrots and stir fry a while too. Then only add everything else. Once boiling, to simmer for quite sometime until the all the flavour comes out.

I served the soup with quinoa cooked separately in a rice cooker.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment