Thursday, August 27, 2009

Eelech - No Power Whatsoever

I am so thankful for Uncle Allen, his wife Sally, Pek Hoon, Steven and Rosalind who came trooping in again to my house on 25 August 2009 (Tues) for prayer and worship. I felt His AWESOME presence again. Uncle Allen calls it the "Shekinah Glory". Each time they come, I receive confirmation once again that God has healed me! It confirms God’s direct revelation to me- His rhema for me, confirmation of God’s words from cousins and friends and confirmation of healing for me from His many miracles upon me in this journey (See my blog "Update and Thanksgiving for more MIRACLES!").

I feel I am on fast track with God. He is revealing so much to me and I still have more questions for Him.

These past 2 weeks I’ve been searching God’s words on prayers, His sovereignty and His healing powers. Thanks Ee Tan for the book “I believe in miracles” by Kathryn Kuhlman. I never understood before my trial how healing works. I have wondered if some of the healing that I saw on stage was fake. I remember Marvin teaching me that ultimately if the miracle glorifies God, that is all that matters. If the healer gets glorified, then that is so wrong! That itself ties to His sovereignty.

Isaiah 42:
"I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols".

This is our God.

He will not share His glory with anyone including the healer who has received the gift of healing. I realized from reading Kathryn Kuhlman’s book and from my conversations with Hamir and Steven Lee who ministers to others that they have no healing power. When I witnessed how Hamir or Steven tell me God’s words that can be verified later I am amazed but they tell me “I have no power – eelech (Indian for nothing). It is God. We are just His servants”.

I can’t help but be in awe but these people must be so humble to say they have no power. But now I realise that it is because they know their position with God. They recognize that God is sovereign. He is THAT big. I personally am only beginning to grasp how awesome He is and recognizing that He is sovereign. I am looking for bible verses to see who he says He is. And the more I seek and the more I experience His healing and His miracles for me, the more I am humbled myself and that is the same awe that Kathryn, Hamir and Steven experience(d) before our Sovereign King.

This is what Kathryn wrote in her book which was published in 1962!

“If you believe that I, as an individual, have any power to heal, you are dead wrong. I have had nothing to do with any miracle recorded in this book, nor have I had anything to do with any healing that has taken place in any physical body. I have no healing power whatsoever. All I can do is point you to the way – I can lead you to the Great Physician and I can pray; but the rest is left with you and God. He has done for countless others. What He does for you depends on YOU.”

At the beginning of my journey I was struggling with whom I should pray to. In the back of my mind I knew Jesus held the answer to it all but I was all so rusty. At first I was praying to God as the sovereign God and all those Psalms were God talking to me. Then I felt I betrayed Jesus for not reaching out to Him. I was in much confusion. King Wai and Ps Soo Inn said it doesn't matter. They are one and the same but they have their distintive roles. Now, I am beginning to learn all over again about the Holy Trinity. When seeking healing, I look at Jesus, at what He did on the cross for me, that He even bore my sickness by His wounds (1 Pet 2:24) I look at Jesus because by His death, He has purchased my redemption with His blood. Redemption from the wrath of God I so deserve. Because I understand from the old testament that you oh Father God, Your GLORY is so AWESOME that I cannot come before you on my own (NOT EVEN if I did many good deeds), You are that holy and you are my Sovereign God! I look at Jesus for he says in John 14:6,7 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

Thank you Jesus for the cross. Thank you Father God for loving us that much that you gave your son to us to die for us. Thank you Holy Spirit that flows through me for healing. Thank you Lord for everything.

2 comments:

  1. Hi bunny!
    you are so right in saying that no one has the power of healing except God! praise god for his healing power in your life! You must be so blown away by His greatness! Well, i am by just reading your blog! :) Its great to be "blown away" isnt it?
    Feeling the wind on my face,
    Fee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear bunny, I am so encouraged that you are on high for God. And I pray that we are all on high for God. The smaller we are, the bigger He is.....! All glory goes to Him...

    I love the windy feeling,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete