Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Like a father speaking to his child

“You are my hiding place. I run to you” lyrics by Don Moen

It’s just natural to run back to God when we are in trouble. He wants us to do that. He loves us so much. He made us so we can fellowship with Him. And this journey I am going through is really about running back to God, seeking His face, seeking His assurances, learning about His promises, learning His plans for me. Our God is faithful, He is mighty, He never sleeps, He never slumbers, He never tires of hearing our prayers.

On 9 July 2009, after my prognosis from Dr Ibrahim, the second oncologist that we met, I stood in the lift with Henry and Elaine and I slapped my head. “You know”, I said aloud. “I feel so stupid. He only asked for simple …” I paused as I saw a nurse in the lift but decided to just finish off my sentence.”…obedience”. Then she smiled. And said, “You are a Christian right. When you uttered that word, I know you are a Christian”. She lifted my spirit. I was reminded that God is a loving God and I only need to confess and come back to Him.

There is no great strategy. There is no mind power. It’s just a simple love relationship with God and this is what He says in the bible:

Proverbs 3
1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
2 for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you prosperity.

He only wants me to focus on Him FIRST. In His ways, he will prolong my life and make my path straight. I hear Him speak life to me.

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

This is the same message He told my mum and the same message resounding everywhere from friends and family. It is a very strong message and gave peace to my mum.

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.
8 This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.

When I read verse 8, my spirit jumped and I knew he really meant this verse for me. By then, I knew that the disease had spread to the bones even my skull. Later, my cousin Tammy smsed me and she said God impressed on her, “nourishment after affliction” and she also confirmed God spoke to her Proverbs 3:8. Isn’t it wonderful to be in a family of believers? I love you, Lord! Thank you for your confirmation.I claim it in Jesus' name!

9 Honor the LORD with your wealth,
with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
and your vats will brim over with new wine.

I confessed to God, I haven’t been tithing quite some time. That Sunday, I put in my tithe with a joyful heart to what really belonged to Him. Not that He needs the money but it came from Him and He will use it for the furtherance of His Kingdom.

11 My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline
and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
as a father the son he delights in.

Yes, Lord, I understand.

It’s amazing how I received this message of Proverbs 3. I was praying on my knees and waiting upon the Lord. Suddenly, flashes of words came to my mind. Confirmation of ministry with Henry later and a message to Henry to fast and pray. Then, the air cond air blew the bible pages in front of me and I stopped the pages from flying. My head was still bowed as I received His message and I started to cry and to thank Him for His revelation. Only then did I look up and saw Proverbs 3 and when I read it, I started to cry again as if it was meant for me. I knew He was speaking to Him.

Like a father speaking to his child. Thank you Lord for this wonderful journey. Blessed be your Name.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience! And thanks for sharing the journey with us. I do miss your smses thou'... now look forward to your blogs. So much to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, thank you for sharing your journey with us. God is using you mightily to reflect His goodness and glory. Indeed you are walking tall in your faith, and have encouraged us all to remember How Great is Our God. I love you dear sis....and I am so very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete