Monday, August 17, 2009

God’s Words for Healing Part 4: Talk to God

I think this depends on our personalities. Some of us are more rebelious in nature. It’s alright to be open to God, you can challenge Him on His words. After all, he cannot lie.

For me I asked God “ What good am I to you dead. I can’t serve you.” Henry and I have dedicated our 2 boys to God. I always have in mind they will go on missions one day so what good am I dead if I can't supervise them! Nicholas means “Victory for his people”. He will reach out to share good news to his friends around him and he will bring victory to them in Christ. Alas, we found Nic has trouble making decisions and would be so anguished about it. So, when our second son came along we named him Ethan meaning “Firm and Strong”. Ethan would help Nic make the decisions on mission. And true to His name, he is very firm in his decisions. We just pray that his strong will will be tempered with love and compassion. Little did I know that dedicating your child to God means letting them go to God. They are NO LONGER YOUR CHILDREN (I read it in Retha’s book – “Messages from God”). They belong to God. When Ps Sasha hugged me and said that Jesus loves my children very much, that I need not worry, He will love them and protect them and care for them. I knew it was God’s words for me. So, talk to God. Open your heart and wait upon Him. Just close your eyes and wait. He will send you angels, encouragers, words from the bible etc. Just soak in His presence and His word. He will answer.

Psalm 6: 1-10
1O LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.
2 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
O LORD, heal me, for my bones are in agony.
3 My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?
4 Turn, O LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.
5 No one remembers you when he is dead.
Who praises you from the grave ?

6 I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.
7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.
8 Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.
9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.
10 All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.


Then, ask God whatever you need, whatever your heart desires because once you have ALIGNED YOURSELF TO GOD, you can ask him anything, WHATSOVER.

John 16:23,24

23In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
24Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

Mark 11:24

24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

1 john 5:14,15

14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
15And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.


Go ahead. Ask your heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment