Thursday, August 20, 2009

The time has come for action

He he I said I would not blog today coz my bones behind my waist were hurting from 2 solid days of blogging. I can't help it. Words are just flowing, so I have to get it out.

When you seek the Lord, that is a sign of genuine conversion. There is a hunger right to the very soul. A hunger to worship Him. A hunger to read His every word. To find strength in Him. I see genuine conversion in Fee. Please read her blog. Feeisfree.blogspot.com We are all taking baby steps but the words are flowing from her led by the Holy Spirit! Just like in my blog. God is really speaking to us! Sue, I am so glad you have caught on to the how we should pray. It should be like that for all sickness, all habitual sins and even against the ENEMY at work in our church.

Church you need to pick yourself up now. The time has come for action. Through this journey, the scales on my eyes have fallen off. I see it as clear as daylight. The fight in the spiritual realm is so real! In the beginning of the journey, I was fearful knowing in my mind that it is spiritual warfare but trying not to say it aloud as that would be opening the door for more attack. But what could I do? I felt so helpless. I looked at my son’s lion head gear and I fear. I looked at my red antique cupboard and I fear! My friends and cousin see and sense warfare when they pray for me. When I am low and don’t sese God, I fall even lower leaving more open doors to more attacks. It’s all the work of the devil. When my friends and cousin help me realize this I now turn to His word and PUT ON THE ARMOR OF GOD. The battle belongs to our God. We have to learn to pray more specifically (Hebrew 11:1) and offensively and believe in His word. We need to gather all that we know in the bible and thrust the sword of spirit against the enemy at work in church.

We are Baptist and well known for our foundation in God’s word. Help each other. It is time to oil those dry bones and speak death to the enemy and speak life to our church.

As what I have been blogging about praying, speaking life, speaking death, rebuking, commanding in Jesus’ name, claiming His promises to flu/cancer, so the same manner we use against the enemy at work in our church. It is time to rise up as prayer warriors! Turn to God, confess and put on the armor of God and stand firm.

We pray offensively. No time to be meek. We know we want the enemy out from our church, to do away with all spirit of COMPLACENCY that has almost completely destroyed our church spiritually and in our ignorance, opened doors to the enemy’s work in causing DISUIT, DISHARMONY, HATRED, DISSENSION, MALICIOUS TALK, BACK STABBING, MANIPULATION, BRAINWASHING etc.

It is not a fight against men but against the enemy, the devil. The battle belongs to our God. Whatever both sides claim as evil, rebuke it and cast it out from Church in Jesus’ name. Then ask for the blood of Jesus to flow through each one of us and cover our church and protect it from the evil one.

Do not be afraid.

In Isaiah 41:13, God said:
13 For I am the LORD, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, Do not fear;
I will help you.

In 2 Chronicles 20:17, He said:
17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' "

I want to share a paragraph from Jack Deere’s book “Surprised by the Power of the Spirit”. On page 153, he wrote:

“If you haven’t seen any truly miraculous healings, ask yourself how often you pray for these things. I am not talking about the kind of ..prayers where an absentee sick person’s name is mentioned on a list with others in a Sunday service so that we can ask God to guide the doctors hands, comfort the family, and let them know all things work together for good. These kind of prayers are frequently offered as a pastoral courtesy with no real expectation or anticipation that God will do a miracle”.

Does that sound familiar?

He went on to say by and large, people won’t take the trouble to lay hands on sick people in believing prayer. And he said “Conversely, I have yet to find anyone who regularly lay hands on the sick in believing prayer who doesn’t see at least miraculous healing”.

Now I come to the good part – Ezekiel dry bones. Thanks Fee, thanks Henry.

Ezekiel 37:4-10

4 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.' "
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. 8 I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them.
9 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.' " 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.

It hit me that the way God commanded Ezekiel to speak was like the charismatic way! You know how sometimes we perceive that charismatics over exaggerate their speech and not grounded in word. But if we are open to the holy spirit, He will guide us to the truth and the truth will st eus free. Ezekiel didn’t pray “God, if it is your will, please bring life back to these bones.” He didn’t say “God, if it is your will, please heal the whole house of Israel and make them come back to you again”.

Similarly, since we have the authority given to us in Jesus Christ, we can ask for healing etc in the same manner that Jesus did. We learn from Jesus’ ministry on earth. We can speak life in Ezekiel’s manner with such authority and in such graphic detail (and understanding how powerful our tongue is in Proverbs 18:21). We can rebuke and cast out sickness/sins with authority just like Jesus knowing that we are now heirs and co-heirs with Him (Romans 8:17). We can pray unceasingly to our heavenly Father with our prayers and petitions (Phil 4:6). We can ask whatever we need and believe in Mark 11:24. And we can stand on God’s word that nothing is impossible with God Luke 1:37). You put it ALL these together and our prayer will be so powerful we can anticipate God’s miracle!

Arise prayer warrior, arise! The time has come for action.

1 comment:

  1. salute warrior liz
    its so wonderful to read your blog! My heart is filled with warmth when i was reading your Ezekiel! Our dry bones need to be done away with, replaced by functioning, healthy bones!
    learning to stand up in faith,
    fee

    ReplyDelete