Sunday, August 2, 2009

2 August 2009 Sunday: Habakuk 3 - Trusting God

I am feeling very good, feeling strong. Even my coughing has reduced tremendously.

The sermon this morning was on Habakuk. On 19 July 2009, I was seeking and asking God what “anointed one” meant and He led me to Habakuk 3. It did not make any sense to me (verse 13) but I just continued to wait upon the Lord. Last week Wei Ling smsed me a verse from Habakuk 3 and this Sunday the sermon was on Habakuk! I finally understand what God is saying. Even though I am facing this trial and sometimes when I call out to Him and still do not feel his presence, I can still trust Him and know His heart is with me because He loves me.

Habakuk 3:17-19
“Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crops fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my savior. The sovereign Lord is my strength, he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.”

Thanks Sue for your kid's story dedication to me. Hugs.
Thanks Joel for your prayer. Dun worry, Aunt Liz won't die yet. :)
Thanks George for your powerful prayer.
THanks Stephen for praying, pray to Jesus ok.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Liz,

    Thank you for sharing this adventure with us. Like I told you before, sweet and gentle Liz has become a lion for God. Your courage and faith in the face of turmoil speaks volumes of your faith in God. Yes, a sloe relationship with God is valued anything else we may faced. After the story yesterday, I cried because I tahan the whole time while telling the story! I love you my dear sis....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Liz,
    Thank you for sharing your amazing journey with the Lord. Continue to trust in Him as "We have this treasure in jars of clay to show this all surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted , but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed". 2 Cor 4:7-9

    ReplyDelete