Monday, August 17, 2009

God’s Words for Healing Part 3: Repent and Seek Forgiveness

Seek forgiveness from God on WHATEVER you can remember and a GENERAL prayer for all that you cannot remember for now. You can seek forgiveness again later when you do remember. Instinctively, I knew how to do this on the first night. It shows how connected we are to God. He is our Father, we run to Him when we are in trouble and say we are sorry.

Psalm 51:2-4 (New International Version)

2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge.

Know that God’s wrath is only for a moment but His favor is for a lifetime.

Psalm 30: 5
5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.


He will not condemn you. I found Psalm 32 very reassuring after seeking forgiveness.

1 Blessed is he
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
2 Blessed is the man
whose sin the LORD does not count against him
and in whose spirit is no deceit.
3 When I kept silent,
my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
4 For day and night
your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was sapped
as in the heat of summer.
Selah

5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, "I will confess
my transgressions to the LORD "—
and you forgave
the guilt of my sin.
Selah

6 Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to you
while you may be found;
surely when the mighty waters rise,
they will not reach him.
7 You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Selah

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.
9 Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you.
10 Many are the woes of the wicked,
but the LORD's unfailing love
surrounds the man who trusts in him.
11 Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous;
sing, all you who are upright in heart!

And I pray as you begin to talk to God, His words will touch you and assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment