Tuesday, August 18, 2009

God’s Words for Healing Part 5: Jesus Heals

This is the hardest blog to write because God is still revealing Himself to me. At first I was confused why the bible says we can ask for anything (including healing) yet it seemed that at end of the day it is still God’s will. How do I pray confidently that God heals in such situation. How do my friends pray for me in confident hope in such situation?

Never say to someone who does not understand the healing process “We pray for healing FIRST but always remember it might not be His will”. Because when that person starts to feel pain, he/she might think this is it, this is God’s will for me to die. If I did not know God’s many scriptures that he heals, my prayer might be “God, if it is your will please heal me, please please heal me”. At the next wave of pain, I will be shaken.

I asked Hamir once “How can you pray with such confidence that God heals. He may choose not to heal. Hamir replied “We do not know that, so until He announces His will not to heal, we are to hold on to God’s promises that God heals”.

Did you know that when Jesus died on the cross, He died for our sins? Did you know He also bore our sickness- By His wounds we are healed. Past tense.

Matthew 8:17

17This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases."

1 Peter 2:24
24He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

Did you know that God said He will heal us and take sickness away from us?

Exodus 15:26
26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."
Exodus 23:25
25 Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you,

Yes, sickness is not in the menu.

God does not lie and we can rest on His promises and claim healing. Healing is a gift given to us 2000 years ago. When we wait upon the Lord, the Holy Spirit will reveal God’s rhema , His word specially for you. Others may confirm that word to you but it is important that you get it directly from God, a word that will speak to your heart, a word that becomes a saying word for you, a word that once given to you, you are to cling to it to dear life. Because satan will try to knock you off, friends might give you different advise but you are to just stand firm and that Rhema that you hold onto will pull you out from the pit. Friends, you do not know what His will is so pray for healing the whole time. We are not to give up because we stand on His promises. Pray victoriously. Speak life. Claim God’s promises for healing. Rebuke any doubts. Pray for a ring of fire to protect the mind from Satan’s lies. Speak death to the symptoms. It has no power or dominion. Rebuke and speak death to the disease. Ask for the blood of Jesus to flow through every organ, every cell for complete restoration.

This is the hardest part to write. I was going to say you can ALWAYS receive healing. And I thank God for bringing my cousin Tracy and her husband Isa to my home today. The timing is so good. I did not finish my blog as I was getting tired. And now, I stand corrected and I am glad He sent “messengers” to me just in the nic of time. Isa reminded me today that God is ultimately sovereign. We cannot question God why he does not heal everyone. He has His purpose and you cannot question Him. We cannot put God in a box.

Romans 9: 20-21 says:

20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' "21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

God is the Sovereign God that shows His activity throughout history and He will use us to fulfill His purpose i.e. until the return of Jesus again.

I am confident that if you walk so close to Him and wait upon Him, He will reveal His purpose to you as how he reveals to me each day. I find it hard to believe that if you walk so close to Him, He won’t tell you His will if you ask Him. For Michael, Elaine told me he had a conversation with God the night before He passed away. Michael was prepared for God’s will for him.

I understand Lord. Ultimately, if it is your will I should go, so be it but I will still believe you, I will still praise you. I thank you for speaking through Ethan when out of the blue he sang “Blessed be Your Name” in the car one day. You give and take away, you give and take away, my heart will choose to say Lord blessed be your Name.

Until then Lord, I still ask you oh Lord, what is your will for 1 Sept 2009?

And God answered me “Be joyous”. That was what popped to my mind when I asked Him in the car just now.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you sweetie for opening up my eyes on how to pray. I confess at times I am at lost too how to pray for you, but now I know! Thank you, thank you for sharing all this with us. God is using you mightily to speak to all of us. Love you my dearest sis.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi liz
    wow! you know something? i had been very bothered by the same thing that you wrote ever since I learnt about your condition! in fact, I felt very drawn to blog about it but my mind has been preoccupied with other easier blogs! :)
    i totally agree with what you wrote! praise the Lord for His revelation to you and all the readers of your blog! May His Name Be Magnified In Your Life!
    Love
    Fee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Liz and ardent readers. God's healing upon Elizabeth is only one of the ways that God's is showing His people that He is working strongly on our behalf. But only in healing but also in business. The devil is stealing not only our health but wealth as well. But what do we do...we pray...but we pray weak, timid, defensive, "general" prayers like: Pls God, bless me. Matt 12: 29 - How can anyone enter a strong man's house and carry off his possession unless he first ties the strong man. Then he can rob his house.

    So bros and sis...it is time we pray strong, offensive and targetted prayers... >> Part 2 next

    ReplyDelete
  4. Part 2:

    I led my Life Group in deep prayer and worship session recently and I printed out prayer guidelines and pointers from www.mountainoffire.org/prayers.html. It was a very powerful, life changing session. Why life changing? Because our members began to pray differently and powerfully from then onwards...miracles started to happen before our eyes...some of my business deals that seemed doomed, eg Petronas and Celcom resurrected amazingly. And more deals coming in now.

    I shared this with my friends Betsy and Dr Oliver Ho, they visited mountainoffire website, printed out the prayer pointers, prayed powerfully, differently and offensively. This morning, Betsy emailed me and said that the deal that seemed doomed was revived and their client called them for a meeting. WOW! Praise Jesus! Victory in Jesus' Name.

    Bros and sis...God wants us to be the Head and not the tail. But we must dare to believe. Never ask, "Is this God's will?" Of course it is God's will. When your child asks for a fish, will you as a parent give him a snake? No way! How much more our Heavenly Father.

    Liz...if you are asking: "Is it God's will to heal". My answer is OF COURSE! Never doubt...according to your Word oh Lord, I am HEALED...keep reading Psalm 91...with long life, will God bless you...

    Dear sis and bros...once you have started praying powerfully and differently, pls share your experience and miracles, so that others will be encouraged and blessed. We need all the good news esp in times like these. ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS. Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God for how you are learning so much through His word and relying on it as the first authority, letting it (and HIM) guide you through this battle. May He continue to strenghten, guide and comfort you.

    ReplyDelete